Tuesday, October 9, 2012

NEW SCULPTURES ARRIVED
Just when you think things can't possibly get worse, someone always has something up their sleeve to make sure they do indeed get worse - much worse! But do I care? Well, yes, I do actually, although it's no good moaning about it because nobody listens anyway!

At least today the postman brought a new batch of David Geenty sculptures to my doorstep. Five came in total, with some to replace stuff that had sold earlier, and some I'm trying as new lines, but all having one thing in common - the fact they were handmade in the UK, which is something that's becoming increasingly rare nowadays.

I'd forgotten just how beautiful the first piece to be unwrapped was - it's called On Parade, and this is it pictured, albeit badly, as my super-duper, all-singing, all-dancing pocket camera is still in for repair! Keep your eyes open at the Tokoro shop at Funabashi Keiba track, as I quite often display the David Geenty sculptures on the bigger race days. If you want one, be quick to secure it, as the full horse or horse and rider renderings never stay on show for long...

No comments:

Post a Comment