Monday, March 18, 2013

JUMPING MAD 
Jokingly, having been pestered for months, I told Louis that if he won the gymkhana event a couple of weeks ago, I'd buy him the show-jumping saddle that he's been after for ages. Inside, I was laughing my head off, because on the face of it, the chances of 'Jaguar' winning a gymkhana were about as slim as me becoming a ballroom dancer overnight. Put him back in a race, that's one thing. But a gymkhana!! My plan was a masterstroke.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the combination struck gold, and my plan to get Louis off my back for another few weeks backfired in a big way! This is the boy fixing up the stirrup straps on his new jumping saddle that he'd lovingly oiled the day before. And my lesson is learnt: Never underestimate Jaguar or Louis, or it will cost you dearly - very, very dearly in my case...

No comments:

Post a Comment