Friday, May 17, 2013

CHIBA TB SALE 
To be perfectly honest, I'm not buying into this 'Japan is Booming' thing right now - I just can't see it in real life, as opposed to paper accounting. On saying that, it was a busy day at the Chiba Thoroughbred Sale today, with some very high prices being paid on certain horses. I had my eye on three of them (with the one I wanted the most being pictured here), but the wife was giving me the evil eye at the same time, so maybe next year...

One of the fun things about these auctions is the people attending them - jockeys (and now is as good a time as any to wish Yuta Sato all the very best in his long overdue JRA debut tomorrow), trainers, and owners from all leagues, as well as the odd famous vet that tunes into this blog! You soon come to realize that the horse world is remarkably small and tight, with some wonderful characters in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment