Thursday, August 1, 2013

Calming Influence

One of the most beautiful things about horses is their ability to calm you down. I blew a fuse with work problems at the crack of dawn this morning (a failure to close the window shutter woke me early as the light flooded in), but a few minutes looking into the eyes of my trusted friend 'Jaguar' and telling him my woes whilst giving him cookies and stroking his neck smoothed things over a lot. I went back to the stable in the afternoon, and now I'm just disappointed rather than furious...

The kids had a hard day, as I dropped them off at 8am to work at the stables, gaining valuable experience of washing and cleaning up after the horses, brushing them, and helping to feed them. It then makes you appreciate the riding in the afternoon that much more - nothing in life should be totally free! They are both building up some good muscles as well. Hehehe.

PS. Evening arrives, and I scream: "My Kingdom for a horse!" Preferably Jaguar, of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment