Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Noon Natter

Agua De Vida is in the first race at Monbetsu tomorrow (3:00pm), which should be interesting. There are a few horses of similar level in the line-up, so this will be a real test for her, both physically and mentally - it was the mind side of things that let her down in her last outing...

I did manage to go to Funabashi on Monday, but for some reason (mainly the lack of a good camera), I took very few pictures. Still, it was a great day, and gave me the chance to meet up with old friends, as well as a good excuse to have a beer with a few of them after the event. Masayuki Abe and Motoki Okada joined in with the fun, and I hope we get another chance to get together before they go back to Australia to resume their riding careers out there.

As well as Yano-sensei clocking up his 500th win as a Funabashi-based trainer, there was some saddle time for the kids at Tokoro RC yesterday, but rain put an end to any hopes of getting some decent photos. At least 'Jaguar' was happy in the cooler climate! And today, it looks like I should be okay for most of my Carrot Club choices for 2012 yearlings. Now the question is whether to push my luck and go for one more? First, some tea to sharpen the brain cells.

No comments:

Post a Comment