Monday, June 2, 2014

Mixed Emotions

Feeling lonely not having 'Jaguar' (Mayano Time) around to spoil, and there's nothing really jumping off the page to excite me as a replacement for me. There's a nice Dance In The Dark gelding that took my fancy, but it's too small to be of use to Louis and myself - only the girls would be able to make progress with him. 'Bugatti' needs to be at least 170cm at the shoulder, or 16.75 hands.

Still waiting to hear what's happening on the Tenshinramman front, with the last report stating that a shorter distance of 1200m to 1400m was being considered. I guess the plan would be to run the legs off all the others, which is something she'd be capable of in the right conditions and with the right person at the controls.

There was a nice article in the Carrot Club magazine on Single Cask, and pictures of quite a few of my horses, as it happens. The way things are going, though, it looks like Single Cask will be the only horse to be carried through from the 2010 and 2011 crop, and there were 15 of them at the start of the year!

Waiting now for the time difference to tick around so that I can see how Porthos Du Vallon does today. It's a flat race, which is not what I was banking on - I bought a stake in him specifically because he was being trained as a jumper after a fairly successful flat season, but at least he's running, and by the sound of things, a career over the jumps is still in the making. Good luck to all concerned...

No comments:

Post a Comment