Thursday, March 3, 2016

2015 Newcomers #3: Another Door

Courtesy Sunday TC
This Sunday Thoroughbred Club filly, born in January 2014, doesn't need a lot of introduction, as both the sire and the dam have been profiled in-depth on these pages before. Vermilion is a favourite of mine, as anyone reading this blog on a regular basis will know, although he hasn't been kind for me so far - one premature death (Monsoon Trough), and one runner that struggled to pick up its first win (Million Ways). Still, I will stand by him, as he seems to deliver nice, big horses, and that's what I like to see in a dirt racer.

Secret Room is the mother of Magic Key, which can also be read as a blessing or a curse depending on the day of the week - she was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread, but apart from five minutes of glory thanks to Nakano-kun, Magic Key been little more than an expensive disappointment so far, in more ways than one.

Well, this little lady was a costly beast, too, bought in an era before I swore not to buy any more overpriced ponies thanks to the bitter experience of J'ai Un Reve, and more recently Magic Key - the next lot will be reasonable price-wise, or they'll be left to others to buy, even if that means I have nothing. She has a lot of work ahead of her to convince me to change my mind...

No comments:

Post a Comment