Tuesday, March 8, 2016

A Corker

The usual suspects in the Carrot JRA reports - War Chronicle still not ready, having been messed around as soon as she did her NAR duty; Perfumer is supposedly tired, which is amazing given how little it runs, and we have a real beaut of a statement on Infinity Love. Now, like me, how many bought into this horse because it was stationed with Yahagi-sensei? You can bet most of us! Well, believe it or not, Yahagi has turned his back on it even before the contract ink has dried fully. I was't impressed with the way the horse was 'trained' in the first place, and have said so in no uncertain terms, but to ditch a horse mid-season and hand it to a brand new stable with no parting words and no explanation whatsoever is downright disgraceful...

PS. I have been told by certain people that Yahagi probably had no choice in the matter. I doubt this, as after almost 30 JRA horses, this is the first one to change mid-season. Yes, at the end of a year, they have changed hands (rarely, it has to be said), or on older horses, they've occasionally moved or been retired early (as was the case with Mistoffelees, and should be with some of the other duds that are being kept for no reason other than filling NF coffers). As for the lack of a closing statement, I'm told this may also not be his fault, but I doubt that, too - I think most people would feel a little better with something saying "it's a shame, but good luck to you all with the new guy," and the club would surely know that. He doesn't even have to mean it, although if it appears in the reports now, we'll know it's a set-up. As I said before, the horse should have been retired at the end of the last race, for all I'm left with now is more bills to come and yet another bitter taste in my mouth. At the end of the day, I'm sure that, like the Montjeu horse, a lot more effort would have been put in had the sire been Deep Impact or another money-spinner based in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment