Wednesday, December 26, 2012

I SHOULD STOP COMPLAINING! 
I keep moaning about how cold it is here in Chiba - the windchill was pretty rough to say the least yesterday, and today is just plain chilly without the wind assistance - but a piece on BBC World news this morning has suddenly made me think that maybe I shouldn't be complaining.

Courtesy BBC
This picture shows a group of Chinese artists making sculptures from the snow and ice. It's actually something that gets done here in Japan, too, in some of the northern areas, but the subject caught my attention straight away. It really is a beautiful creation, and it's such a shame that it will melt. That doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to warmer weather, though! Ironically, the forecast for the next few days is rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment