Monday, December 10, 2012

WELL, I LIKE IT... 
I have a reputation for having little or no imagination when it comes to naming animals. In many ways, I guess I've earned that reputation, calling the Dobermann 'Dobie' for instance, but then I blame it on DNA. After all, in my bloodlines is a father that called his Black Labrador 'Blackie', so what chance have I got of being creative!

Courtesy Sunday TC
However, this time I reckon I've come up with a good one for the Sunday TC No.126 horse. The reason I'm sharing it with you is to settle an argument, for however fitting I think it is, I'm getting the usual eye-rolling in the house.

I like the name 'Kinship' and here's why: The sire is Gold Allure, and gold in Japanese in kin. OK, stick with me, as the dam is De Goddaughter, whose father was De Niro, so there are obvious overtones of The Godfather film. Look up 'kinship' in the dictionary, and the definition is 'a blood relation', which fits in nicely with the image of the movie as far as I'm concerned.

This is the point where I either get deafened with an ocean of applause, or met with a stony silence and more rolling eyes. Which is it to be then?

No comments:

Post a Comment