Friday, February 1, 2013

A TRIP TO KAWASAKI 
Having started second favourite, Fairy Robe (number 7) duly finished her first race in fourth. I have to say, though, having made up for an awful start, she looked like the short odds were justified.

Shame I'd gone to all the trouble of puttin' on me whistle 'n' flute in the hope of a nice picture had she won, but that's racing, and I'm sure that the guys at the Yamazaki Stable would agree with me in saying there's every reason to be looking forward to the future. She looked the part on that final run-in, that's for sure...

PS. Just read the Carrot Club report, and indeed, Yuya Yamazaki has high hopes for Fairy Robe, with the jockey also commenting that he felt her ability. With some more experience, she should be able to take revenge for today and go on to better things. With luck, she'll be racing at Kawasaki again at the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment