Monday, August 19, 2013

Struggling

I don't know about you guys, but this heat is starting to get to me - over 30 degrees centigrade for weeks now (usually mid-30s), and not much in the way of a cool breeze, even at night. It hasn't stopped me being at the stables playing with 'Jaguar' virtually every day, but I can't remember any other time in my life when I've had so little energy! If nothing else, thanks to Kuri Nakajima, I'm going to look good, as all my competition kit arrived from England. You'll have to wait for pictures, as it's way too hot for all that heavy clobber!

Surprisingly, 'Jaguar' and the other horses at Tokoro RC are holding up nicely. Louis took the onry one around the outer track at the fastest canter I've ever seen on Sunday, and Sophie was trotting with him for ages yesterday. But he was obviously enjoying himself, as he didn't want to return to the tacking area, even with the promise of a warm shower to come - I think he'd have bombed around the track all day if he'd have been allowed. And while Sophie was going dizzy, almost managing a solo canter along the way, 'Heart' showed how much he has matured recently with a spirited display of jumping with Louis. All good stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment