Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A DAY OF REST
After all the excitement of the last few days and the mad, last minute panic of getting Louis ready for a school trip this morning, having at last got the room I'm sitting in now resembling my own office instead of the one belonging to the wife (the very definition of organized chaos), I figure it's time to have a break for a couple of hours. I'm going to eat a ton of chocolate while Jaguar munches on his special cookies, and we will chill out together as old buddies are supposed to.

Tomorrow, as well as restarting the diet after today's temporary lapse of willpower, I'll begin writing the movie script of how a gangly 12-year old boy riding probably the world's most ornery Thoroughbred racehorse challenged the All-Japan Championships and won. It would indeed be a story worthy of a film, but if sheer determination counts for anything, be sure not to write it off as nothing more than a silly dream...

No comments:

Post a Comment