Monday, February 25, 2013

AN AMUSING STATISTIC 
Having just finished work for the day, I thought I'd check on Carrot Club activity, and with nothing more to report on, have a quick look at which of my 2011 crop have all their shares bought up and which have been left on the shelf, so to speak...

Well, of the ten Carrot Club horses that I bought a stake in this year, half have sold, with five of them still available. I'm not surprised, as the same thing happened last year - as a European with a passion for history and fond memories of a golden age of British racing, the blood I find desirable is quite different to that of Japanese punters, especially younger ones.

Courtesy Sunday TC
These are the ones left that are on my list, and why I fancy them: #17 (Hail To Reason cross, with Roberto blood), #22 (I like Symboli Kris S's ancestors, and he's the sire, plus Agnes Tachyon is the BMS; there's also a dash of Mill Reef and Nijinsky in there), #27 (Northern Dancer cross by Jungle Pocket), #34 (Hail To Reason, Sir Ivor and Bering blood), and #87 (a lot of Hail To Reason and Nijinsky blood, with Special Week as BMS, plus Blushing Groom and Danehill in there, too).

Just noticed that two of my Sunday Thoroughbred Club choices are still available, too: #126 (Hail To Reason and Sea-Bird blood), and NAR prospect #190 (Hail To Reason, Nijinsky and Mill Reef blood, pictured here). Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment