Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Bedtime Reading

Each year, as spring gives way to summer, I sit waiting for the postman to deliver a hefty box from the Shadai Group. It contains numerous catalogues, a book of bloodlines and DVDs, allowing race addicts like myself the chance to buy a stake in a racehorse, with over 250 yearlings on offer this year. A few days later, and a G1 Thoroughbred Club catalogue arrived from Shadai - one I'd never had before, but that took the total to around 300 to choose from. Yesterday, another Shadai envelope arrived, this time with a Green Farm catalogue inside, containing another 24 youngsters! Although there was one I fancied (a filly by Manhattan Cafe out of Queen Spumante), I'm told the Carrot Club lists have just been released, which means another 90 or so yearlings to go over - plenty of bedtime reading, that's for sure. After all said and done, though, my heart has wandered back to my birthplace - the home of racing - and an exciting proposal that's currently on the table. Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment