Monday, July 29, 2013

Old Coventry

With the 'Coventry Friendship Race' coming up in just over a week, I thought I'd share a few pictures of the old place with you. Most of the medieval buildings were destroyed during the Blitz in WWII, but a few survived, including the 'Three Spires' that came to symbolize the city. I was born less than a mile from these famous landmarks in the centre of town, and the various branches of the family before me had links with the city that can be traced back for centuries. As it happens, I'm slowly but surely working away on the family tree, uncovering some interesting ancestors, and hope to go back to the Doomsday Book with the main lines - that will cover 1086 to 2013, or 927 years!

By the way, I have no idea who these photos belong to. If the copyright holder objects, please let me know, and I shall either credit them or take them down straight away.

No comments:

Post a Comment