Friday, August 30, 2013

Quiet, please!!

The Carrot Club catalogue has arrived, and Louis is torturing me with a constant barrage of white noise. I'm trying desperately to clear my desk so I can concentrate on looking at the catalogue myself, but keep getting interrupted every few seconds. If you hear a loud scream coming from the Chiba countryside, you'll know what it is!

But I have to say, there's a lot of temptation in there, and there could well be a few more horses than originally anticipated added to the foot of the page by the end of the week - nothing running this weekend, so a good chance to study things properly, taking my initial list I'd drawn up into account. Spotted one attached to Shinpei's stable, which is a must I wasn't expecting. Looks like my planned retirement will have to go on hold for a bit...

PS. With my earlier studying of bloodlines and Louis' requests, it was more a question of elimination than anything else. Grading our own desirability level (from one to three) and going through the video footage, we managed to get the number down to six horses very quickly. I've lost one sire I wanted, but gained one Louis was having a canary fit over; the boy has also gained an early birthday present, and I've been talked into another horse thanks to Tesio's theories. Let's see if my six wishes are granted now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment