Saturday, September 28, 2013

Lladro

This advert came with one of my magazines this week - an advert for a beautiful bone china sculpture by the Lladro concern. Although I have a lot of David Geenty sculptures in the house, I was seriously tempted to find space for this - until I saw the price! It may be limited edition (1500 off), three foot long and over a foot in height, but at 1,312,500 yen, that's the price of a small car out here. Perhaps if there were only ten in the world, or something like that, I might be able to justify it. As it is, I shall sadly have to force myself to admire the piece from afar...

We haven't looked at equine art for a while, but it has served to remind me that I need to order a couple of new Jacqueline Stanhope prints. With luck, she'll be doing something of great interest to Japanese race fans in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment