Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Good News, Bad News...

The good news is that Agua De Vida has been placed with the Yamazaki Stables at Kawasaki - the same stables as Fairy Robe was with before her injury prematurely ended her career. I can honestly say that I'm very happy with this situation, as I had a feeling that our paths would cross again in Kawasaki.

The bad news, and this is truly awful, is that Pop Label is not walking well. Therefore, the chances of him running in the Hokkaido Yushun are virtually nil, which is heartbreaking. I'm also wondering now whether that last race should have been attempted - race rust is difficult to overcome, but if he wasn't 100% fit, it would have probably been better to field him in November only. At this stage, I'm not sure whether the unusually poor performance in his last race (coming after three straight wins) is linked to this current problem. If it is, there will be a lot of questions that need answering. All we can do now is keep our fingers crossed that it's nothing much, as I was so looking forward to him making an impact with people I love and respect in his Nankan career...

No comments:

Post a Comment