Thursday, December 5, 2013

Lording It Up

Courtesy Lord Ilsley
You may remember I put up a piece on Mick Channon in early April, outlining how a sporting hero on the football pitch had become a top class trainer in the UK after hanging up his soccer boots once and for all. Well, the latest addition - soon to be added to the bottom of the page - is stabled with him and his team, including his son, Michael, who runs the Lord Ilsley racing syndicate. I'm happy on so many levels (Mick was one of my favourite footballers when I was a kid, which is a bonus one doesn't expect when investing in a racehorse), that all the ill feelings from my recent work problems are slowly starting to drift away. I'll put up a profile on this pretty filly, known for the time being as 'The Avonbridge Filly', later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment