Saturday, December 21, 2013

Weekend Crawlers

The last entry on the blog was entitled 'Weekend Runners', but I think it should have been 'Weekend Crawlers' to be technically correct. Starting with Sophisticate, he began the race well enough, and then did the uphill finish at what seemed like a walking pace. I could have beaten him on my pushbike, even without the help of Lance's special blend of go-go juice.

As for Tenshinramman, I don't really even want to talk about it in reality - you wait over four months for a horse capable of a 33.1 second 3F time to start as favourite and finish in 13th! I don't know whether Tanaka was putting on the brakes, but it certainly wasn't the 'Tenny' of old if he wasn't, or even the girl we'd been expecting according to pre-race trainer reports. To be honest, I thought she wasn't comfortable on her right hind leg in the paddock, but the jockey is saying she simply ran out of wind. Right - four months of training for that! A lot of questions need to be answered, that's for sure. In the meantime, I'm trying to decide between bitterly disappointed or bewildered as the summary...

No comments:

Post a Comment