Saturday, April 5, 2014

Bad Daughter

Divine Daughter finished a pathetic 13th today, with no sign of fight whatsoever. It doesn't seem to matter who you buy them from - a JRA horse is a JRA horse, because its trainer is a JRA trainer. There are thoughts of running with blinkers and entering the next race on a course that runs in the opposite direction, but I don't honestly think it will make any difference. It's sad for someone who loves racing as much as I do to have to say this, but I speak the truth when I tell you I'm just looking forward to finishing my JRA stint as soon as possible.

PS. No idea what's going to happen with Irish Harp tomorrow, as JRA trainer reports mean nothing anyway. The only two things I can be sure of is that 1) Kota Motohashi is signed up for Phosphorus on Monday, and 2) I know the NAR boys - and girls - are going to give it their all, as they always do... 

No comments:

Post a Comment