Friday, July 11, 2014

Daft

Well, Glint Moment wasn't last, but carrying 56kg, he was far too close to the back of the field for comfort. As mentioned before, I think it was a daft idea to try and create a racehorse this late in the season. When I say season, I mean the Japanese club season, for within the next few weeks, anything that hasn't won will be cast to the side. Bearing in mind that Glint Moment had only just passed his gate test and showed no real signs of being a potentially good horse, the entry doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Owners have simply been treated as ATM machines, when a decision should have been taken months ago to retire him and give him a life outside the racing arena as soon as his injuries were sorted. I'm sure, like me, my fellow owners would have been far happier with an insurance pay-out than a performance like this. Next I guess we will have an R&R session, and the high tension will be just the same in one last race as the season closes. Pathetic in the extreme.

PS. Indeed, the horse is going for a refresher session! So we can expect another entry of questionable merit and laughable results, assuming the R&R session finishes before the Carrot Club season cut-off. The end of my Carrot Club and JRA era still seems a long, long way off, when I'd really like it to finish as soon as possible when you have to bear ridiculous situations like this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment