Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Word Play

Quite a few JRA reports, but virtually every one had an all-too familiar nine-letter word beginning with 't' and ending with 'mill' at the start of it, which is another way of saying they're all on holiday with no prospect of them going near a racetrack any time soon. To add salt into the wound, J'ai Un Reve has joined them! It's starting to look like buying into this particular horse was an expensive mistake - there's no point owning a racehorse that doesn't race, and from what I've seen and read so far, I don't honestly think those charged with training it are particularly bothered whether it succeeds or not. I'm certainly not feeling the commitment I felt from Sugar-sensei with Irish Harp, that's for sure, and that horse cost a fraction of this one.

On the NAR front, Beat The Boarder has been refused an entry on her proposed outing for tomorrow, which brings her value even more into question. I popped into TCK yesterday, but didn't see anyone. As such, I've just seen the news this morning, and I have to say I'm far from happy about it. Ultimately, I'd like to know what was happening with regard to the future - a race on the 26th would have helped clarify things, while now we have another long wait before a judgement can be made. At least Phosphorus and Pop Label are due to run at the next Funabashi meeting, so that's something to look forward to...

No comments:

Post a Comment