Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Big Race Era

Massabielle will indeed be running in the Kikuka Sho, and Keita Tosaki will be at the reins, which is great news. We've drawn gate 14 and don't seem to be fancied all that much - as far as I'm concerned, that's not a bad thing, as there's no real pressure on us, and we're a lot less likely to be marked. Having a classic runner has been a lifelong ambition, so the result is totally unimportant...

And in NAR, Trovao is aiming for the All-Japan 2yo Yushun race at Kawasaki on the 16th December - another seriously big race that would line the colt up nicely for the Tokyo Derby. Although 2015 has been something of an annus horribilis for me personally, with a lot of minus points during the ten months of the year so far (including over a week in bed this month from my body telling me I was doing way too much work - something my brain knew, but told me to keep going like a wally!), these two horses have been special plus points that I shall never forget, along with my first win with Mick Channon's Box 41 syndicate and a visit from old friends.

We have Pretty Gully in action in Australia on the 24th, and then Massabielle in the big JRA race on the 25th. A bit later, Blacklister should be running in England on the 27th or 28th, Pop Label runs in the 7R at TCK on the 1st, Beat The Boarder throws down the gauntlet in the same week's meeting, and War Chronicle takes to the NAR track at Nagoya at some time during the first week of November in a bid to recover a JRA career. Fingers crossed for one and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment