Thursday, May 5, 2016

Kealoha V2

Courtesy Rika Watanabe
I was in two minds whether or not to go to Funabashi today, but I'm glad I did - not just because Kealoha won by four lengths, but because I saw so many friendly, familiar faces for the first time in a long while. Okay, this one day isn't going to cure my recent torment, but it will have helped the healing process, as NAR is about people.

Masashige Honda did a wonderful job with Kealoha, taking him around the outside as soon as he became aware that the horse didn't like the sand being kicked up in his face by those that got the jump on him out of the gate, and I would love to be able to say "Derby winner" in one of my reports on him - he really has matured into a fine jockey of late. Chocolat Sucre tomorrow, and then Perfumer and Belle Plage on the 8th, with Larresingle hopefully following on the 15th. In the meantime, we'll have had at least three runners with Mick Channon, so the busy period continues.

PS. Infinity Love has been sent to Miho TC, which is a step in the right direction. My Carrot NAR horses continue to disappoint, however, with Chocolat Sucre totally outclassed, probably due to the extra distance, as she was going well until the closing stages, and then Mori-kun just threw in the towel. Let's hope Trovao and Mar-kun can save the day again and renew my faith, as 'Choco-chan' is basically finished - a trip to Northern Farm is planned for a summer holiday and, if previous experience is anything to go by, we all know she'll be useless when she returns, assuming they can even get her to eat anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment