Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Three Back?

It seems like Kealoha may be going back to Kawashima Stables at Funabashi soon, now weighing a much tighter 517kg instead of the 541kg when it was first sent from NF to begin its racing career. With any luck, it will get back onto the track quickly, as Shine Tiara is still disappointing, and there's no word on War Chronicle - it's just continuing to do nothing in another place it seems! Considering these are the only runners (a word I shall use, even though it doesn't make sense from a technical point of view) out of 18 Japanese horses, I am looking forward to something bringing a few pennies in to balance the books, which are currently covered, month after month, with streaks of red ink...

Don't ask me who did what in the Japan Dirt Derby, by the way, as I don't know and really, really don't care. However, I do care about Ettie Hart in England tonight, although I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning JST for the results due to the time difference. At least that's something to look forward to on the racing front. In the meantime, I'm going to brave the heat to play with 'Bugatti'.

PS. Just made it back home before the thunderstorm came, and on checking reports, it's just been noted that - wait for it - War Chronicle is due to race at Hakodate on the 16th. Wow! A JRA race, which is so rare I can't remember the last one! Anyway, Miura Kosei takes the reins in the 1700m dirt race, the seventh on the card. Then, of course, it's announced that Trovao is on its way to NF (expected, but it still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth) and Shine Tiara won't run again before the end of August. Bollocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment