Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Another Door V1

At last, with a proper trainer on the scene, Another Door ran like it was supposed to over four months ago! Although the official winning margin was five lengths, it looked like more to be honest, but one has to remember this was a very low level race - indeed, the winnings only just cover a month's running fees, so to break open anything more than a Max Coffee to celebrate is still going to leave me in the red. If you think I don't sound very enthusiastic for a guy that's just had his 59th winner, it's because I'm not - this horse cost a fortune, and has done nothing but disappoint until today. Now, if the damned thing can keep running for more than five minutes without picking up an injury (something which seems almost impossible in Japan) and run at the kind of level its bloodlines and extortionate price demand, then my mood might change. Unfortunately, the folks at Carrot Club, Shadai Thoroughbred Club and Sunday Thoroughbred Club (and those they employ, particularly the jokers at NF) have combined to dampen my enthusiasm for Japanese racing to such an extent that I don't think I will ever feel an ounce of joy in racing over here ever again. Let's put it this way, it will take an awful lot more than one extremely isolated win (despite having a lot of expensive nags in training in both JRA and NAR, my last Japanese winner came in the first week of May) to smooth things over and raise my spirits as far as I'm concerned...

No comments:

Post a Comment