Thursday, December 29, 2016

Progress Stalled

Pop Label let me down badly, coming a pathetic tenth at TCK today, despite Christophe Lemaire taking the place of Mori-kun at the last minute and starting as third favourite. After waiting ages for the thing to run a proper campaign, I saw no effort whatsoever, and I would definitely have no hesitation in retiring the horse after such a poor performance! Numerous post-race excuses, as always, but none of them acceptable. A serious toothache (following a difficult lower wisdom tooth extraction) prevented me from going to Tokyo, as the thought crossed my mind (I haven't been for a very long time as a form of protest), and I'm bloody glad I didn't, for I'd have been even more furious than I was watching the race from my armchair. Three years without a win now, and with the current team, that ridiculous situation isn't going to change. Million Ways next, but I'm not expecting much better than today, to be honest...

Meanwhile, the main race was a bad joke for NAR supporters, with all 122,000,000 yen leaving NAR circles to go to JRA stables. When will TCK learn that all they are doing is encouraging folks to leave NAR, for it doesn't pay at the best of times? Keep donating all the decent pots to JRA runners and the NAR owners' list will just keep shrinking at a time when new owners are desperately needed in order to replace those dying off, let alone increase numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment