Thursday, September 13, 2012

BIRTHDAY PRESENT TO MYSELF!
With my birthday a couple of weeks ago, I thought about ordering a nice signed painting of Lester Piggott I'd seen before. Lester really was the greatest jockey of them all as far as I'm concerned, making Roberto a special horse for me with his Epsom Derby win. Having Roberto as the grandfather of Jaguar (Mayano Time) makes him extra special, although Nijinsky will always be my favourite racehorse of all-time.

With the painting sold out, I started scanning websites for other signed prints and paintings, but nothing was quite as beautiful as the image I remembered and wanted. For although I have a few nice paintings, some of which I'll share with you later, I wanted something autographed. I wondered if there were any good signed photographs around after that, and stumbled upon this beauty from an English memorabilia dealer - a great picture of my favourite horse ridden by my favourite jockey, and signed by the man himself. Duly framed, the print now sits in my office - the horse things competing with the car stuff and cameras for space. The way things are going, some of the car paintings may have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment