Wednesday, September 19, 2012

ONE SEES THE STRANGEST THINGS...
Whilst searching for a nice picture of Tenn-chan, I came across this one, which I couldn't resist sharing with you. Everyone that knows me associates me with Newmarket blankets - paintings on the walls, and the real thing at the stables, in my office and in the back of the car! I even have pictures of me as a kid surrounded by the things, as even after the family stables were bombed out, my father's mother worked at a manor house with racing stables attached.

A friend of mine at Tokoro RC also has a bit of a fetish for Newmarket blankets and goods in the same colours, and bought this coat for her mother's dog. Unfortunately, it didn't suit it (the poor thing looked like Dougal in The Magic Roundabout), so it was passed on to me. As a result, last winter, I had the smartest Dobermann in the whole of Japan. Considering he wants to destroy anything fluffy on sight, this blanket lasted for a very long time. Seeing this picture again, I might just get him a new one for Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment