Sunday, November 11, 2012

MISTOFFELEES' FIRST OUTING
What can I say? A horse that bolts into the lead from the gate, and only gets pipped in the closing few yards by a cheeky horse that had used him as a pacemaker all the way round, certainly has potential in my books. Had it been a 1600m race rather than an 1800m one, I'm quite sure he would have won it. I reckon we have a handy little sprinter coming through.

As it is, second place is worthy of a beer to celebrate (the champagne only comes out for a win!), and I look forward to seeing him in action again soon. If you want to see the race, the JRA website has just posted this: 201203030405h.asx

That will provide the picture of Mistoffelees, so here's a shot of the beer I bought! Actually it's the 150th anniversary logo I want to draw your attention, too, rather than the contents. On a similar subject, one should remember that Sapporo has brought out its annual special edition beer, this time with Orfevre illustrated on the can...

No comments:

Post a Comment