Monday, November 12, 2012

RETROSPECTIVE
I've got a ton of short pieces I want to do, but without the help of a translator, I'm stuck. At least I managed to read the write-ups on Miracle Rouge and Mistoffelees in the current issue of Keiba Book, and everyone seems impressed enough with the newcomers.

Miracle Rouge was apparently thinking of something other than the race at the start, although apparently it's not a character flaw - it will hopefully be a one-off. But the finish was simply stunning, of that there's no doubt. Longer distances may suit her, although dirt was mentioned yesterday. Whichever, the huge reserves of stamina would give a great advantage in these scenarios. The future looks interesting if the right events can be selected to suit her qualities.

As for Mistoffelees, his run was impressive for a different reason, of course. Very few horses can leg it in the early stages and finish in the top three - they usually tire and end up in the middle of the pack if they're lucky. As such, Mistoffelees also shows a great deal of promise.

Today, an envelope arrived from the Shadai Group with pictures of the Sunday TC and Shadai TC horses I have a stake in, and a reminder that they'll be named in spring. This is always fun, although being inventive with names is hardly my forte, as everyone around me well knows.

The other thing that gave me a bit of a giggle this morning was a customized keyring for Sophie. I don't think I need tell you who the jockey is supposed to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment