Saturday, January 26, 2013

CES'T LA VIE... 
I'm more confused than ever about the scoring in Dressage events, to the point where I think I shall stay at home in the future, because I only get annoyed when I try and analyze things. Today was low scores across the board, but for some reason - which I'm damned if I can figure out - the winner of the junior section (only) won by a large margin. To be perfectly frank, I think people make the rules up as they go along. It's even more ironic that if Louis had stayed in his usual Class, against the adults, he'd have won with the score he got!

Whatever, I reckon I shall stick to racing or show-jumping where there's no questions - a photo at a winning post deciphers even the closest of finishes, a clock is a clock, which can be checked against your own stopwatch, and a crossbar is either on the floor or it's not. No room for grey areas or interpretation, and that's good for me as far as sport is concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment