Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Is It Me?

I'm starting to conclude that the trainers writing Carrot Club reports know something I don't, and I must simply be plain mad. After all, how else do you explain Tenshinramman's performance as part of a grand plan and a real sign of improvement. I mean giving 18 lengths to the leaders (I measured it!) and staying way off the tail, therefore using a lot of energy just to catch the pack, seems bloody stupid to me. But apparently not.

But here's one that's possibly even better as an example of my failing sanity. Harmony Fair absolutely hates dirt - a one-off experiment proved that, and I stood by the decision to try something different, as she was going nowhere anyway. The trainer states quite clearly that dirt is not for her, so enters her in a dirt race on Saturday. If you want to watch her come in at the back of the field again, she's in the 8R at Tokyo with Tanabe-san in the saddle.

I hope Cristian Demuro can get Irish Harp to move on Sunday (5R at Kyoto, and a mile on turf), as Miracle Rouge hasn't raced in a while, and she's out in the following week. I've been told race rust could be a problem on the 9th, so my mad side asks the question of why let the rust set in in the first place? Stupid question, which is almost as silly as asking why True Motion still has weak hind muscles given the level of JRA training facilities and their famous treadmill...

No comments:

Post a Comment