Tuesday, March 11, 2014

As We Remember...

Today is the third anniversary of the Higashi-Nihon Earthquake, which still holds strong images in the minds of all of us fortunate enough to live through it. That the house stood up to it is nothing short of amazing, and I'm thankful I managed to keep all my friends when so many souls perished after the tsunami that followed the quake crashed into the eastern seaboard...

Nothing much to report on the racing front, with six JRA Carrot Club reports saying very little, although Agua De Vida will have to have a spell of enforced rest - that last race of hers took its toll, and she has a little pain in her right shoulder that won't seem to go away. This is the only NAR runner I have with Carrot Club, but I'm guessing I may have none soon reading between the lines.

At least there's some bright news coming out of Australia, with Raining Dollars (pictured here, fresh back from his training break) going to race in my colours. In reality, they will be classed as JLH Racing's "away kit" as far as I'm concerned, but it was extremely kind of Jo Hassett and the other shareholders to allow it - a consolation prize to make up for me being thousands of miles away from the action apparently, which is a beautiful gesture, and one that's much appreciated. In the not too distant future, I want to wind-up the JRA campaign and devote a lot more energy in a southerly direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment