Thursday, March 13, 2014

Three Runners

We have three Carrot Club horses running this weekend, although I don't hold out much hope to be perfectly frank. Irish Harp has the best chance, out for the 3R at Hanshin on the 15th. For some reason, the trainer has gone with Mirco Demuro, who would be an excellent choice on turf, but for dirt, I'd have definitely stuck with his brother, Cristian, who is just getting used to the beast. I wish them luck anyway, as Mirco is a good guy, just like his sibling...

Dinner Bell races (I use the word 'races' with heavy reservations) at Chukyo on the same day. She takes part in the 5R with Ban-kun in the saddle, and will probably come last or damned close to it, as per usual. If it does no good this time, I can only pray it will be withdrawn from training and thus stop wasting money. Then, at the same track on Sunday, Miracle Rouge puts in an appearance in the 9R with Hironobu Tanabe at the controls. The problem is, Miracle, who I do happen to love dearly, ran her worst ever race there not so long ago. This is the first time she's gone back, but we don't know if it's the long-distance travel that brought about the bad result, the track, or if it was just an off day. I guess we'll find out soon enough, but you can see why my confidence is hardly sky high.

PS. I've just spotted that Cristian was actually back racing in Europe, so choosing Mirco makes a lot more sense now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment