Monday, September 15, 2014

New Blood

After a false start with Porthos, I've at last secured the jumper I've always wanted in Danielle's Journey from the Realta Horse Racing Club of Ireland. This is a new club, and I like their enthusiastic style. The horse's name also tells you what the folks running it are like, as it's named after a beautiful young lady called Danielle who's battling away against a brain tumor with dignity and verve - some of the horse's winnings will be directed her way. I'll be doing a profile on this exciting filly as soon as my stake in her has been confirmed...

There are also three new Carrot Club horses in the pipeline (a fourth one was withdrawn due to an unforeseen health problem), and confirmation of those should be coming through on the 19th. I'm assuming their purchase should be okay, because none of them were particularly popular - or at least they weren't heavily oversubscribed, let's put it that way. The one that was withdrawn is a little sad, as it was with the Ritto stable my distant cousin works at, but the others all have a good reason for me wanting a stake in them. More on that in the next few days with any luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment