Saturday, November 8, 2014

We're Back!

No idea what happened yesterday, but we're back! I'm afraid that although I'm mechanically-minded, computers and suchlike are akin to black magic as far as I'm concerned, so I'm very much at the mercy of software giants not moving things on too quickly - I prefer to stick with what I know works, and recently I'm hitting all sorts of problems downloading material from bigger companies that move with the times. I even struggle to see some regular sites nowadays, including the 'Yes! Come On Funabashi' one, although my second PC and mobile both pick it up okay. If nothing else, the scary moment has encouraged me to back everything up, as I do with my work files.

First the good news while we were away - Belle Plage was given a full page in the Eclipse magazine, and 'Bugatti' has been learning all sorts of new tricks to enable him to compete in L1 dressage tests. If only I was as quick at learning computer stuff! Then we have the bad news, as we had another awful run of JRA results. First, Single Cask was last, despite starting as sixth favourite. Her performance was so bad (2.2 seconds off the pace), that she was checked over for injuries, but it was just a case of poor preparation by the sound of things. Harmony Fair, meanwhile, was tenth, never really keeping up with the runaway leading group, although I think the jockey is at fault on this one, as he hung too far back for the fast pace and stronger competition. As expected, she was much better in the truck and her tension was just right thanks to the back-to-back run, but the advantage was wasted and now she'll go for an R&R session, taking us back to square one again. Ummm. I'm saying nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment