Saturday, February 14, 2015

Seventh, But Content

Belle Plage was seventh at Tokyo today, and having watched the video, I can say that I'm happy enough with her performance. This is where some people will question my policy - how can I be happy with a place almost halfway down the field? Well, there's seventh in maths, and a fighting seventh that could easily have been something better. She was only 0.4 seconds down on the winner, and I'm sure she would have been even closer had the final run-in not been so crowded. It was also her first race on turf in seven months, in a field of classy nags. So, in my opinion, it was a good, solid run.

No pictures of 'Bugatti' from this morning, though, as he was a little crazy for a long time today, and photography was not really an option. Let's see what he's like tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment