Monday, June 6, 2016

Landmark Win

Courtesy Lord Ilsley Racing
The Channon family have given me my 50th win - a huge victory for me, coming at a time when my faith in Japanese racing couldn't possibly go any lower. 

Killian Hennessey followed instructions to the letter, taking Ettie Hart briskly out of the gate in the last race at Brighton to lead from start to finish in an impressive display of staying power. For the record, Ettie cost just over a million yen (not for a microscopic share, but to buy), and she got over a third of that back last night having run two weeks earlier. This is real racing. Low risk and big fun, as opposed to high risk, very little fun, and a lot of insincere excuses to cover failure, Northern Farm excursions and a shocking level of injuries...

PS. I would put up another picture of the Carrot Club overview, but nothing ever changes (a picture I posted on the 18th May will prove that), so it's incredibly boring just seeing 'NF' marked against virtually everything. To be perfectly frank, I think the picture will continue looking the same for months! This is why my hefty box of Shadai catalogues and discs will stay unopened, until I need a good laugh, and then I'll take a look at the prices they're asking.

No comments:

Post a Comment