Sunday, September 30, 2012

FOR SALE: ONE MINT CONDITION BETTING SLIP, NEVER CASHED
I have in my pocket a betting slip, that in Japanese characters reads: "Nakayama 11R. Number 14. Curren Chan. Win only."

For a little while, as the pack sorted itself out after the last bend, it looked like I was going to win enough money to buy a couple of Snickers bars (the last of the big gamblers, eh?) as Curren Chan started to charge, but Lord Kanaloa had the most strength at the finish, and was always in command from as far as two furlongs out from what I could see.

But at least the weather stayed fine until the big race had ended, which is a real stroke of luck given that the Osaka meeting was cancelled due to the typhoon that's currently blowing past my house. If you happen to find a Dobermann in a big wooden kennel in your garden in the morning, he answers to the name of Dobie...

No comments:

Post a Comment