Thursday, October 4, 2012

KEEPING PACE WITH FACEBOOK
Although the storm last night seems to have knocked out the electricity for a while, as the computers in my office were decidedly sleepy and needed restarting in the morning, before that happened and I slipped away into the land of nod, I had an E-mail from David Geenty in England to say a new batch of sculptures were winging their way to Japan as we speak. This is one of my favourite pieces by David, which I have on display at home - it's a shame to leave such a beautiful thing in a box until the right show presents itself.

Just as Facebook passes the one-billion user landmark, we've clocked up 1500 hits. OK, maybe we'll never worry Facebook as a competitor, but I reckon in another 100 years or so, we could be hovering around the million hits mark at least! And who knows, maybe half of them will have visited the page because they want to, rather than stumble on it by accident and wonder what the heck I'm raving on about. But the bottom line is, I'm happy enough with our steady pace of daily traffic considering the blog is in English and based in Japan...

Time for me to grab a little something to eat and drink, and then do my human sardine impression on the train to Tokyo!

No comments:

Post a Comment