Sunday, September 30, 2012

SYMMETRY
Creating a list of abbreviations for one of my new car books is stressing me out, and wanting to level off the bottom of the blog's page anyway, I've ordered shares in another three JRA horses this afternoon. Any excuse, right? I'm not going to give details as yet, as the sales haven't been confirmed, but it's another interesting mix of blood, that's for sure.

Just as the call to Carrot Club was finished, a delivery truck turned up with a couple of new books from Amazon in the States to add to my collection, including Masters Of The Turf by Edward L. Bowen - that should be a good read, although I have to crack on with one of my own titles first! In time, I'll introduce you to some more literary wonders on my shelves, especially those with really nice pictures. With most of the blog's readership being based in Japan (although it also receives a lot of traffic from the US and UK, as well as Russia), heavily-illustrated books are probably easier for the majority of people to enjoy thoroughly, wherever they happen to be living...

PS. Six pages and 240 entries later, and today's work is done! Just checked on the Carrot Club site, and it looks like my new purchases are okay - Zenno Rob Roy and Conduit bring new blood to the Long racing stable, and Symboli Kris S features once again. However, it's the dam line of the yearling that adds interest this time around, plus a name that can't possibly be ignored in this house. Be sure to watch the bottom of the page over the next week or so...

No comments:

Post a Comment