Friday, October 26, 2012

A VERY QUIET DAY
After the last couple of days, allowing Jaguar to make new friends, today has seen a swift return to normality. I couldn't even relieve the boredom by going to see 'The Difficult Horse' as he'd been shipped off to Narita ready for tomorrow's Dressage competition. Apparently, his tension level has gone off the scale, so it should be an entertaining day...

The last of the frames and mats (mounts) arrived today, meaning that the final paintings can be made ready for sale. The one special order frame was very expensive, so unfortunately the cost has to be passed on. However, it's for my favourite Jacqueline Stanhope print, so I might just keep the said framed painting on the office wall until a buyer comes forward!

The latest copy of Thoroughbred, Shadai Group's in-house publication, has pictures of some of the 2012 foals - we've only just started buying the 2011 batch! But whenever you see photographs of these blue-blooded youngsters, one can't help wondering what the future holds for them.

I also went onto the Northern Farm homepage to check out the online shop. It appears very difficult to get replica silks for the Shadai Thoroughbred Club and Sunday Thoroughbred Club. I have a Carrot Club shobu fuku and would like to add these to the collection. If anyone knows where I could buy them, please contact me.

At least things picked up this evening when a friend sent me a video link of Tenshinramman after her win in Tokyo. Still no confirmation on her next race as yet, but I'll be sure to keep you all posted as soon as any news filters through. Meanwhile, 3500 visitors and counting!

No comments:

Post a Comment