Monday, September 1, 2014

Back Home

The fate of Porthos is about as predictable as the next few days in Gaza - I really have no idea what to expect, or how to react. He's now been withdrawn from the sale on Wednesday, and is supposed to be running in the 6:10 at Musselburgh on Friday; he'll probably run at Ayr after that, in the third week of September, but on the flat in both cases. Sales are predicted again for October, so, with his on-off NH career in the balance, I now have to wait another month before knowing whether I have a jumper or not, while I have someone else in Ireland waiting to sell me one!

Still no sign of All Dolled Up running as yet, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what she can do. Also looking forward to River Spirit having a go later today in Leicester. The going is good, which will suit her, and she has an experienced jockey aboard, so with the odds she's being quoted at at the moment, I'd be tempted to have a flutter. With the time difference, it will be tomorrow now before I'll get the result. Here's wishing all involved the best of luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment